- To understand the principles and beliefs that underpin coaching.
- Applying coaching skills to the workplace.
- To become familiar with and use the structure of a typical coaching conversation.
- To become a sound coach and being able to demonstrate your ability to
- Utilise coaching models,
- Use open questions,
- Understand and use motivation within coaching,
- Run coaching sessions within the workplace
- Analyse, assess and implement a plan to improve your own coaching
There are no formal entry requirements, however, it would be useful:
- To have taken our Coaching Practitioner training
- To be a practising or aspiring manager
- If you are running or thinking of running, a coaching practice
Delivery of programme
The delivery of the program will be by using a blended method of learning. This will include a 2-day workshop, undertaking virtual classes and self-study, which will be a combination of reading, reflection and practice.
ILM Level 3 is enjoyable & very educational. I’d recommend to anyone serious about furthering their coaching” Vlad Soriano
Understanding Good Practice in Workplace Coaching
Contextual learning of coaching in the workplace.
- Define the purpose of coaching
- Perform Coaching session
- Behaviours and characteristics of an effective coach
- Use coaching with confidentiality and with ethics
- Manage the coaching process
- Setting goals
- Use a range of coaching tools and techniques
- Keep coaching records
As part of developing the coaching skills, you will build rapport skills, listening skills and be able to provide a high level of quality feedback. For example, you will actively explore the five levels of listening from superficial listening, through every day listening and all the way up to deep coaching listening.
Undertaking an extended period of Coaching in the workplace
This is where you use your practical skills and put them into action.
- Learn the correct way to prepare and plan coaching sessions
- Make sure you stay within the scope and content
- Use the ‘GROW’ model
- Use Coaching questions
- Open questions
- Closed questions
- Complex questions
- Casual questions
- The power of Why
As part of your certification you will need to undertake 6 hours of coaching. At each stage of the way you will be able to identify areas for improvement and implement changes.
I came away from the course having learnt many new skills and techniques that I am looking forward to implementing when back at work” Gemme Hearnoten
Understanding the context of effective workplace coaching
This is where you will take the practical skills and use them to reflect on your own communication and interpersonal skills when coaching. This important part of the learning process includes being able to:
- Reflect on your use of questioning and listening strategies
- Assess the effectiveness of feedback
- Consider and draw conclusions about your own abilities as a coach
- Prepare a relevant Personal Development Plan (PDP)
See Kolbs learning cycle (given above) to see how this relates to your learning and continuous personal development..
The two days actually flew by – very interesting, informative, fun + practical. Thank you” Marie Gould
John always runs a fun, interactive & informed course. Always a pleasure to attend & continue my training. Thanks” Adele Seager